SynTech ProXtend Tropical
ProXtend, the ideal performance drink for endurance athletes and the "Intra-Workout Drink" during strength training
Packaging: Jar 1260 grams
1) ProXtend, the ideal performance drink for endurance athletes
The waxy maize carbohydrates provide almost immediately available energy for blood and muscles. Research showed that training performance in cycling 23% was better in subjects using waxy maize versus subjects using other carbohydrates1. Waxy maize has a low osmotic value, which means it passes through the stomach wall twice as fast. In this way, waxy maize quickly enters the intestines, where it is digested and absorbed at lightning speed. Waxy maize is therefore the ideal carbohydrate source for endurance athletes!
2) ProXtend, the "Intra-Workout Drink" during strength training
ProXtend is also an “Intra-Workout Drink” that maximizes muscle building during exercise by leveraging blood flow to the trained muscle! The body pumps 15 to 20 times more blood to the muscles during exercise than at rest. Blood is the transport system that provides the muscles with all the necessary nutrients for optimal growth and recovery. The more nutrients that are pumped into the muscle, the faster muscle breakdown is avoided and the faster muscle growth can start. Athletes have long recognized the need for Pre- and Post-Workout nutrition, but by not feeding the muscle during training, an important muscle-building moment is overlooked. The best time to provide muscles with vital nutrients is during training when the blood supply is at its highest!
- 28g Waxy Corn – Waxy maize has a low osmotic value and so quickly enters the intestines where it is rapidly digested and absorbed. It provides almost immediately available energy for blood and muscles. This faster and more complete absorption ensures an efficient replenishment of glycogen stores during exercise (if taken during exercise) or immediately after. Waxy maize is absorbed twice as fast as maltodextrin or dextrose and ensures an insulin peak that is twice as large. This insulin peak ensures better transport of nutrients to and storage in the muscle glycogen. Waxy maize replenishes muscle glycogen stores faster and more efficiently than other carbohydrates, resulting in faster recovery, less muscle breakdown and better protein synthesis. Waxy maize improves training intensity and supports strength, resistance and endurance.
- 2g Citrulline Malate – this is an extremely versatile ingredient. It is first and foremost an NO precursor. NO (Nitric Oxide) makes the blood vessels wider and more flexible and thus increases the amount of blood that the heart can pump and thus the amount of oxygen and nutrients that are supplied to the muscles. This greater influx is important to have optimal energy during the training and to get tired less quickly. That better blood flow also makes for a better muscle pump, and while the pump itself is short-lived, it's important for muscle growth itself: that "stretch" placed on muscle membranes triggers processes that support protein synthesis. Second, citrulline malate helps reduce the formation of ammonia and lactic acid. Citrulline Malate also helps improve aerobic exercise capacity and supports the post-workout recovery process.
- 4g Glutamine – Glutamine is considered a semi-essential amino acid because in certain circumstances the body cannot possibly produce enough glutamine to meet the need, such as for athletes. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the blood and muscle tissue and participates in many important physiological processes in the body. Glutamine has an anti-catabolic effect and ensures a faster recovery of the muscles after exercise. Glutamine is also a powerful antioxidant: users also experience a much better resistance against colds.
- 7g BCAAs – these 3 essential amino acids are crucial for muscle building and muscle recovery after training, as they activate protein synthesis. BCAAs are important for maintaining muscle mass and optimizing the glycogen stock in the muscles. Supplementation with BCAAs helps to reduce muscle breakdown during training. The strategic intake of BCAAs immediately before, during and immediately after training ensures a faster recovery, prevents muscle loss and ensures less muscle stiffness after strength and endurance training.
- Vitamins B3, B6, B12 & C – athletes have increased needs for these water-soluble vitamins. Vitamins are essential for the body to function properly.